8 second goal highlight of Tassie quarters

South Hobart's Jack Turner has struck one of the fastest goals in the Westfield FFA Cup on a huge Easter Monday of Cup action in Tasmania.

South Hobart, Devonport Strikers, Somerset Sharks and Olympia FC Warriors are the final four in Tasmania’s prestigious Lakoseljac Cup (Westfield FFA Cup Qualifiers) after winning their respective quarter finals on Easter Monday.

South Hobart have ensured that their cup defence remains alive, taking down fellow Playstation 4 NPL Tasmania heavyweights Hobart JEEP Zebras 2-0 at Darcy Street.

The Zebras got off to the worst possible start against the cup holders, gifting South a goal just eight seconds in. Miscommunication at the back saw Henry Moody and Henry Fagg leave alone a Dwayne Walsh ball across the top of the Zebras defensive box. The free ball was gleefully collected by South Hobart’s Jack Turner, who helped himself to an opener, seeing the hosts ahead in the first minute.

Fast forward the below clip to 22 minutes 50 seconds to watch the goal.

[youtube videoId="2q_7Lxu2-zk"]

South Hobart dominated the opening half an hour with Darcy Hall, Alfred Hess and Alex Leszczynski proving a handful for the Zebras defence, Hall had two fizzing drives fly agonisingly wide and Hess went painfully close with a header.

Moody looked the most likely for the Zebras in the opening half with two close calls with strong headers from set pieces but the Zebras couldn’t make headway in the opening half.

South Hobart delivered what proved to be the killer blow in the 52nd minute, with in form full back Liam Quaile delivering in a perfect cutback from the right for Alfred Hess to tap in.

It was all one way traffic at the Lion’s den as the Devonport Strikers defeated Kingborough Lions 7-1 and booked themselves a ticket to the Lakoseljac Cup Semi-Finals.

The star of the day was an unforgiving Brayden Mann who hit the Lions for six, the Devonport captain led from the front netting six goals as his Strikers smashed a disappointing Kingborough.

Devonport were dangerous all day, with the Lions unable to match the young Strikers’ pace and precision. Mann had a hat-trick inside half an hour from the first whistle, with the state’s leading marksman on fire early as the visitors ripped the cup contest away from 2015 runner up Kingborough.

CLICK HERE for the full story.