FFA Cup Preliminary Rounds: midweek results wrap

The race for the Round of 32 isn't slowing down as clubs across the country continue their charge in the FFA Cup.

Here's a look at some of the key Preliminary Rounds results from around Australia on Wednesday and Thursday night.


Seaford Rangers needed an extra-time goal to book their place in the next round, dramatically overcoming a fighting Elizabeth Vale to prevail 3-2.

Another huge upset elsewhere saw Ghan Kilburn City take down White City in a 2-1 boilober in extra-time.

A Masoud Taymouri double secured passage through to the next stage for the underdogs.


Altona Magic kept their dream alive with a 2-0 triumph over Hoppers Crossing SC.

There were 1-0 wins for Hume City FC and Whittlesea United SC, while Whittlesea Rangers proved too strong for Yarraville Glory in a 6-1 rout.

North Sunshine Eagles are also through, impressively coming from two goals down to beat North Geelong Warriors 4-2 courtesy of two extra-time goals.


NSW NPL 1 outfit Rockdale City Suns cruised into Preliminary Round 5 with a huge 12-0 win over Glebe Wanderers.

Johnathon Grozdanovski was the star performer with five goals.

Sutherland Sharks, APIA Leichhardt Tigers and Marconi Stallions were also among the clubs to advance.

Elsewhere, former Newcastle Jets midfielder Devante Clut inspired a 10-man Blacktown City to a 9-1 win over Blue Mountains FC.


Hamilton Azzurri defied a second-half sending off to secure a hard-fought 3-1 win over Merewether Advance.

Hamilton held on after a long delay due to a Merewether injury, eventually netting a late header to confirm the result.

In a shock result, struggling Kahibah FC managed to knock off highly-fancied Cooks Hill in a 2-0 away win.

Elsewhere, Thornton Redbacks and Singleton Strikers both advanced via penalty shootouts, while  

Elsewhere Swansea United ousted rivals Belmont-Swansea United 3-1.


Last year's Round of 16 qualifiers Moreton Bay United remain on course after brushing aside Southside Eagles 4-0 on Wednesday night.

NPL Queensland's second-placed side Western Pride narrowly edged a gritty Mt Gravatt Hawks 2-1, while a screamer from Brendan Lund helped MA Olympic through at the expense of Saints Eagles Souths.

They will now face fellow Townsville-based side North Queensland United to determine which is the last club left standing in the region.