FFA Cup Victoria Round 3 wrap

Sunbury United progressed through to the fourth round of the Westfield FFA Cup after fighting back from a goal down to beat Melton Phoenix 2-1 at McPherson Park on Saturday.

Jake McIntyre’s second-half penalty was the difference in a physical contest after Djafali Mwarabu’s cool finish cancelled out Jordan Borg’s second-half opener for the hosts.

South-East and Frankston Peninsula FFA Cup Wrap by Craig MacKenzie - Click Here

Around The Grounds

Altona East Phoenix came back from 2-0 down against Beaumaris to level 2-2 on Saturday but were knocked out by Antun Vulic's second-half strike.

David Gibson and Sean Seavill had put Beaumaris up 2-0 by the 23rd minute only for an instant reply from Matthew Napoli and then Altona East equaliser from Paul Galea by the 34th minute. Vulic won the match in the 68th minute.

Also at Paisley Park, Altona Magic advanced with a 4-0 win against Hoppers Crossing.

A Magic team filled with former PS4 NPL players went 2-0 up via first-half goals from Jason Hayne and Adamson Ajayi before a second-half double to Ben Clarke.

At Doncaster, Eltham Redbacks triumphed 3-2 against visiting Zagame's State League 1 side Morwell Pegasus.

Andrew McLean had Eltham 1-0 up at the break before Stephen Maselli leveled for Morwell in the 50th minute. McLean made it 2-1 before Erastus Frans extended the lead to 3-1 in the 66th minute.

Maselli would score again for Morwell but the visitors could not find an equaliser.

On Monday, evergreen forward Andy Vargas lifted Melbourne City to victory 4-3 against Middle Park after extra time.

Scores were level 2-2 after 90 minutes after Branko Durand's double for Melbourne City and Middle Park goals for Blane Wilford and Kevin Mullen.

Joshua Slovacek put Melbourne City up 3-2 in the 93rd minute only for Eik Scales to level within four minutes. Vargas then netted the winner in the 100th minute.

CLICK HERE for a full report of the match between Sunbury United and Melton Phoenix.