Football Federation Australia (FFA) Chief Executive Officer, James Johnson, and FFA Head of Leagues, Greg O’Rourke, provide the latest update in relation to COVID-19 and its impact on football.
Watch a press conference with FFA's update in relation to COVID-19 below - or use the time code below to jump to key talking points:
- 0.20 - James Johnson's message to the football community
- 1.28 - About the COVID-19 working committee
- 3.47 - Football may continue at the moment under strict guidelines. What are they?
- 6.22 - What do the guidelines mean for the Westfield W-League, the Hyundai A-League, and in particular, Wellington Phoenix?
- 7.32 - What do the guidelines mean for grassroots football, including National Premier Leagues competitions?
- 11.43 - 'We are thinking 24/7 to keep our participants safe'
- 11.59 - Greg O'Rourke explains Wellington Phoenix's situation
- 13.09 - Did the FFA consider suspending the season? What are the plans for the rest of the season?
- 14.55 - Other factors involving Wellington Phoenix and Melbourne Victory
- 17.35 - What happens if someone gets tested positive for COVID-19?
- 19.50 - Johnson says financial impact is not our highest priority
- 21.53 - What do Professional Footballers Australia think of the measures?
- 22.22 - Why did the FFA wait until Monday morning to make their COVID-19 announcement?