A bizarre red card in a seven-goal thriller, 26 goals across the country, a historic hat-trick and two penalty shoot outs. Welcome back FFA Cup, we've missed you.
Adelaide Olympic and Floreat Athena put forward a case for the competition's best ever game as the 2019 competition began with a night of high drama.
Elsewhere, Brisbane Olympic striker Chris Lucas etched his name into Cup folklore by becoming the first ever player to score two FFA Cup hat-tricks.
Miss out on any of the action? We've got you covered with this in-depth wrap of the Round of 32 Match Day 1 opening night.
Adelaide Olympic 4-3 Floreat Athena
It was an FFA Cup debut to remember for South Australian side Adelaide Olympic, who came back from 2-0 down at half time to beat WA club Floreat Athena in a seven-goal classic.
- Floreat raced to a 2-0 lead at half time courtesy of Ludovic Boi's opener and a stunning free kick from captain Dean Evans.
- Olympic pulled level early in the second half through Fausto Erba and Ioannis Simosis strikes.
- Erba then put Adelaide in front with an incredible volley, before the forward was swiftly handed a second yellow card for removing his shirt in celebration.
- Evans scored his second for the visitors to make it it 3-3. However, Simosis held his nerve from the penalty spot with 10 minutes remaining, booking the NPL SA club's Round of 16 ticket in crazy style.
Brisbane Olympic 5-2 Bayswater City
Chris Lucas became the first player in FFA Cup history to score two hat-tricks as Queensland heavyweights Olympic eased past WA visitors Bayswater City.
- Lucas - formerly an FFA Cup hat-trick hero for Bentleigh Greens - opened the scoring midway through the half and teed up Alex Smith for a well-worked second.
- Lucas then grabbed another with an emphatically dispatched first half penalty, and tucked away a smart finish early in the second to put Olympic 4-0 up.
- 19-year-old winger Jez Lofthouse deservedly got his name on the scoresheet with a fifth on the hour mark.
- Gordon Smith and Brent Griffiths scored consolations for Bayswater.
Mt Druitt Town Rangers 2-2 Manly United (AET)
Manly United won 4-2 on penalties
Manly United are into the Round of 16 for the first time after a thrilling penalty shoot-out win over NPL NSW rivals Mt Druitt Town Rangers.
Dejan Pandurevic drilled home an early effort for Manly, but the striker's opener was quickly cancelled out by Idriss El Hafiane.
Brendan Cholakian saw his second half penalty saved by Rangers 'keeper Carlos Saliadarre.
Harry McCarthy edged Manly in front in extra time, but John Roberts equalised for Mt Druitt to force penalties.
Charles Mendy hit the decisive penalty for the Northern Beaches outfit.
Bulleen Lions 1-1 Moreland Zebras (AET)
Moreland Zebras won 3-2 on penalties
Moreland Zebras prevailed from the spot after a tense 120 minute affair with Victorian rivals Bulleen.
Bulleen Lions striker Ben Everson had the best chance of the 90 minutes before extra time was forced.
Tremayne Sadler put Moreland in front in the 94th minute, but Lions captain Eli Luttmer replied in the 107th minute to send the game to spot-kicks.
After a slew of misses from both sides, the Zebras regained their composure and secured a Round of 16 place via Jakob Williams' decisive penalty.
Darwin Olympic 0-3 Edgeworth
Northern NSW leaders Edgeworth made light work of Northern Territory club Darwin Olympic to secure their Round of 16 participation.
- Edgeworth opened the scoring through Oliver Smith and doubled their advantage through Aden Gardner in the opening stanza.
- The Top End side rallied in the second half, but Adam Cawley added a third for the Eagles to ensure progression.
Magpies Crusaders 2-1 Coomera Colts
The fairy tale cup run of Gold Coast minnows Coomera Colts came to an end against Magpies Crusaders.
- Magpies broke the deadlock through captain Michael Lyall and doubled their advantage in the second through Kyren Walters.
- Payden Pemberton gave Coomera hope in the 87th minute but they were unable to stage a late fightback.
Re-live all the goals and biggest moments across the opening night in the blog below.