Sydney FC vs Adelaide United: Westfield FFA Cup Final stats and facts
What an epic 2017 Westfield FFA Cup Final! Here are all the stats and facts from the 2-1 extra time win for Sydney FC over Adelaide United.
- Both teams found the back of the net on the night, making it the first ever FFA Cup Final where neither team kept a clean sheet.
- Sydney FC became the fourth different winner of the FFA Cup in as many years as the trophy heads to a third different state since its inception (South Australia, Victoria).
- Adelaide continued their trend of finding the back of the net at least once, the South Australian team have now scored at least one goal in each of their 14 FFA Cup fixtures.
- Michael Marrone’s straight red card in extra time saw Adelaide United become the first team in the history of the tournament to have conceded more than one straight red card (Dylan McGowan vs Sydney FC in August 2015).
- Paul Izzo made seven saves on the night; it’s the third time in his last four top-flight games (incl. A-League) that he’s made five or more saves in a single game.